7/14/2011

2011 Basketball Camp




This summer, I joined the “camp basketball” summer camp. It was ehhh, so so ; you get to play basketball for 2 hours each day. I especially like the five on five basketball game because I get to be the point guard for the first time. Since elementary, I was too tall to be a point guard so I have to play defense. But in the basketball camp, I am medium sized, just right for a point guard.

Being a point guard is interesting because you get to control a lot of things in the game. Also, teammates rely on you to score and lead them. As a point guard, my favorite thing to do is scoring, and do ankle breaking cross overs. Playing a one and a half hour of basketball game is an exhausting thing, cramps and pulling muscles is a big issue, because it affects your performance in the game.

I usually don’t drink water until half time (drinking water makes you have cramps) also, I stretch before the game so I don’t pull my muscle and get injured. One thing I didn’t like about the camp is that people fowl WAY to much. The worst thing is, there are NO calls or any sort of penalties. I also hate it when I have the ball in my hand; people start grabbing the ball out of my hand. Again, there are no calls, just jump ball. I guess “camp basketball” is for people who don’t know how to play basketball. I think they should improve on their raff skills and focus on drills.

Over all, the basketball camp needs great improvement. It is way to expensive to charge $17.50 just to do some drills and play a game. I don’t want to go to that camp to waste money.

1 則留言:

  1. Dear Justin, 左撇子的你,思考模式常出忽意料,長大了看事情的角度也不一樣,你還會批評籃球營的得失,我只是希望你多運動,不要一天到晚玩 iPod 和 電腦! 看你一直長高,很開心喔! : D Susanne

    回覆刪除